Morgan tagged me for a Meme...here it goes!
1.what i did before: Pretended to go to college. Worked at a pizza place. Wore makeup and did my hair often. Read a lot, probably 2-3 books a week. Loved dressing up and going to the bars. Smoked A LOT, and I mean A LOT of pot. Laid in bed with Mark until 2:00 or 3:00 pm. Had a gas card from my parents. Made amazing dinners, threw dinner parties. Worried. Owned 30 pairs of shoes and 25 purses (where are those now?!). Loved dinner and drinks with Mark. Went to tons of movies. Wrote lots of poetry. Painted. Was obsessed with my dog. Wanted to live anywhere but here.
2. what i do now: Living my dream. Married to an amazing man. I run after Maggie. Listen to stranger after stranger say things like "You must have your hands full." and "Wow, she sure is quick!". I laugh all the time. I wake up at 7:30 every. single. morning. I make meals, put away toys, read books, say "no touch", change diapers and give hugs all day long. I stare at my daughter in wonder and can't believe that she is so perfect. I read my Bible, pray, listen to worship music and just hang out with God. I am becoming a leader, and am learning to lay my life down for other people. I love being with all the women in church, going to cell groups, hanging out with all their friends and just loving people.
3. what I'd like to do: Change the world, starting with Chico. Allow God to use me to bring in the multitudes. Develop my character and discipline. Speak less, listen more. Love my husband without expectations (!), love and raise Maggie in a way that never leaves any emotional wounds or hurts. Lead women to relationship with God. I want to see lives changed, wounds healed, addictions broken...I want to see miracles, and I expect to! Start a business, make millions, give most of it away but keep enough for a rockin' house, my silver range rover, and a closet full of clothes, purses and shoes. Travel the world. Have more kids. Grow old with Mark.
4. what attracts me to my husband: He is just so manly! Rarrr...I love him! He is also so cuddly, loving and never, ever afraid to look silly. He'll rock out to "Hammer Time" with me in the car, and not care who sees him. He is honest. He works hard. He is sensitive and compassionate. He has the same sense of humor as me. He loves Maggie with all his heart and is the father every girl deserves to have. He would never choose himself over me. He loves God, and has an amazing destiny ahead of Him.
5. favorite foods: Mashed potatoes. Fresh green beans. Pork, in pretty much any form. Popsicles. Zucchini. Ice cream. Tacos. Eggs and toast. Fish and chips. Salads.
6. what i say most often: "Oh my gosh!", "no touch!", "Mama said no touch!", "I love you!", "I'm so excited!"
Wednesday, November 05, 2008
Still not smoking..yay me! Mark is quitting too, and is on his fifth straight day without a single cigarette. He used to smoke almost a pack a day, and I am so proud of him! It has been hard sometimes, but much, much easier now that Mark has quit, too. We keep telling each other how proud we are, and that feels good.
THE ELECTION! What an exciting day!! I was so excited to go vote, and waited eagerly all day to see the results. I was so happy to hear that so many people voted this year. It's hard to really dispute things when you know that actual citizens are making the decisions. I have always been proud to be an American, and that was even easier on Tuesday, when it was obvious how much others love our country and care about its future. We took Maggie into the polling booth with us, and plan to do it every election until she is old enough to vote on her own. It was awesome!