Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Monday, February 26, 2007
Friday, February 23, 2007
Thursday, February 22, 2007
My brother in law, Ed, is going to Chico for a weekend visit. His plane gets in at midnight tonight, in Oakland, and Mark is picking him up. So, Mark will probably get home at 3:30 or 4:00 am. Yuck. He doesn't have to work tomorrow, but we do have an appointment very early in the morning. We'll see how he manages that. This weekend is so busy for us, which makes me a little sad because I'm leaving Monday morning for two whole weeks! I wanted to spend a lot of time with Mark this weekend, but..oh, well. The best and worst parts of the weekend happen tomorrow. I am getting blood drawn tomorrow, which I absolutely hate..but I'm also getting my first ultrasound!! I am so excited to see our little baby and hopefully get a more accurate due date. Although, I have heard that drinking all that water and waiting for a couple hours is not fun at all. Ugh. This weekend is going to go by so fast and I am a little anxious about flying out to San Antonio by myself. I haven't traveled by myself in five years, and I never liked it. But, It's worth it! I can't believe I finally get to meet my niece. By the end of this trip, I am going to know her very well since I'll be spending 8 hours a day alone with her! I will miss my life here, especially all my friends and my church. I'll miss my cell group. I'll miss Gidget and Chiyo. I'll especially miss Mark! I love him so much and my favorite part of the day is when I see him walk through our front door after work. But, at least my best friend is coming with me. This is corny, but knowing that I have Jesus with me, no matter where I go, really calms me down and makes me feel so secure. No matter where I go, God is with me and the Holy Spirit will guide and comfort me. It's so awesome!
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
EDITED TO ADD: Anonymous, I understand that were trying to help and you were honestly trying to be nice about it. When I said I forgive you, I meant it. I don't need want this to turn into a whole "thing". I appreciate your apology and sincerely accept it. I don't believe I misinterpreted what was said or took it too hard, because it hurt. But, I am truly over it. It is just hard to accept judgement based on things that I am already very aware of and sensitive towards. I don't hold grudges, and I try really hard to just shrug away offenses. I felt torn between even posting about it at all, but I decided to because I didn't want others to assume what Anonymous had assumed. That's it. Really, I am fine. For some reason, I really want to give Anonymous a hug right now. I hope I didn't ruin your day by embarrassing you. I know you were trying to help.
Monday, February 19, 2007
Friday, February 16, 2007
Score for the Day:
Laura:1, Massive Poop Monster:0
Thursday, February 15, 2007
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
Monday, February 12, 2007
Friday, February 09, 2007
Thursday, February 08, 2007
Wednesday, February 07, 2007
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Monday, February 05, 2007
I said this before, but I have been having crazy, insane dreams lately. And half the time they're about the baby. In the last week, I have had dreams of being enormously pregnant and surprised by the size of my belly. I kept walking around asking people "Can you tell I'm pregnant?" And then they would look at me like I was totally insane because I had this gigantic, larger than life stomach. I also dreamt about Angelina Jolie and her son, AGAIN! We had a play date together and then I told her she had the largest lips I had ever seen. I had a dream I bought a car seat and then when I went to install in the car, the whole thing fell apart. And the baby stealing dreams! Apparently I have an unconscious fear that someone is going to steal my baby, because everyone from my parents to old high schools friends have appeared in dreams, all attempting to steal my baby. Last night, it was my mom and I fought her off with a huge lamp. Ha! No one's going to steal my little dream baby. I have also been having ummm... sex dreams for the first time in my life. Crazy. Pregnancy does some pretty funny things to your life. So, you all know about Gidget, the cutest little toy poodle in the world, right? My little baby, one of my best friends, my snuggle bunny? Well, we almost lost her. Like literally, lost her. So, on Friday night, we had the front door open and Mark and I were talking for like a half an hour. Then we noticed... no Gidget. Our house is technically in a backyard, so I wasn't too worried at first. She was probably in the yard. No Gidgey. Well, she escapes a lot to go wander in the front yard, so I figured she would be there. No Gidgey. And then we couldn't find her anywhere. Not in the yards of my neighbors, another popular spot for her to go to. Not anywhere on our street. WE live on a quiet street, but there are major roads all around us. I was so scared that she was gone forever. Mark and I split up and walked around the neighborhood, calling for her and asking anyone we saw if they had seen her. Not a trace of her was to be found. I was really upset and I felt even worse when I realized we hadn't updated her tag with our new phone number or address. Even if someone found her, they wouldn' t be able to get a hold of us. After about an hour, I headed back home, holding back tears. And then, right in front of my neighbor's house, I hear her little tag jingling. And, then, out of our own front yard, Gidget comes tearing down the walkway right towards me. And Mark's cousins follows right behind her, calling "Gidget! Where are you going?" And then he realized she was running to me and I finally got the whole story. Basically, she wandered up front, heard Mark's mom and cousin talking inside, and came to the door to be let in. She has never done that! They didn't know if we were home or what, so they thought it was best just to keep her in their house. I couldn't believe she was at the one place we didn't even consider. She never goes to Mark's Mom's house, so I was so surprised. But, so relieved!! I was so happy that she was safe, and very happy.
So I am officially addicted to soft serve ice cream cones. I want one every day, but I've decided to limit myself to twice a week. I like the chocolate and vanilla swirl ones, upside down in cup, and then I eat them with a spoon. But first I eat the cone. Mmm..now I really want an ice cream cone. At least they're only like a $1.oo at Big Al's, so I'm not going to break the bank as an ice cream junkie.
- My goals for the day:
- Read the Word for an Hour
- Call My Sisters
- Go on a walk and take pictures
- Clean off my coffee table and dining table
- Re-Organize my bulletin board that's covered with five years of pictures and random stuff
- Plan Dinners for the week so I can go shopping
- Buy Something fun for myself (Mark's hard work came paid off and we got his paycheck today..yay!)
- Go to Cell Group tonight
- Get an ice cream cone
That seems like enough for today!
Saturday, February 03, 2007
Friday, February 02, 2007
2. I am officially constantly peeing. I was always secretly a little smug because I wasn't one of those women who needed to use the bathroom everywhere I went. Well, I have been knocked off my high horse. I have to pee all the time. Especially at night. Ugh. It is so annoying. Oh, well.
3. Walking is my new favorite activity. Love it so much!!! I have cravings for walks now. I am so in love with Bidwell Park, too.
4. I am so in baby mode. I love babies and kids and wish I could be around them all the time. I love watching them on TV, pictures of them...everything. I love reading blogs about other people's children. I love watching re-runs of America's Funniest Home Videos because there are so many cute and funny kids on that. I was telling Mark how much I wish they still showed "Kids Say The Darnedest Things" because I would watch it all the time. I just love imagining what our little baby will grow up into.
5. I finally cooked something for the first time in 3 weeks. It was a grilled cheese sandwich. I feel like maybe I can start cooking other stuff. I am have been so sick that the idea of preparing food has literally made me throw up. And cooking is one of my favorite things to do. I want it back! Oh well, I guess a grilled cheese sandwich is a good start.
6. I usually love winter, but I want spring to come so badly. I want to wear tank tops and flip flops and skirts. And for some reason, I really want it to be summer. I can't remember exactly what, but I think something exciting is happening at the end of the summer :)
7. I have the best, cutest cat in the world. It's just the way it is.
8. Yea! It's Friday! That means that starting at around 5:30 pm tonight, Mark is all mine for a day and a half! Sundays are so busy for us they're not really a day off, but of course it's totally worth it. So Friday nights and Saturdays are so, so precious to us. I hope we do something fun, like go on a date. I want to go to a movie! And tomorrow, I want to go on long walk and have a picnic in the park. Picnics are the best.